Dunkin' wants to open new location on Route 88 in Brick
New construction? New stores? Find out by watching the video above.BRICK - A developer from Marlboro is seeking to build a new Dunkin' coffee and baked goods shop with a drive-thru at Route 88 and Folsom Drive.2026 Rt. 88 LLC of Marlboro is seeking to place a 1,755-square-foot store on the northwest corner of the intersection, according to Brick Planning Board documents. The board is scheduled to hear the application on May 22.The half-acre parcel is currently vacant.
Now known as Dunkin', the retailer dropped "Donuts" from the company name in January to emphasize a renewed focus on coffee and sandwiches.The Route 88 plan, if approved, would be the latest in a series of commercial developments happening around Brick. Last month, Mayor John G. Ducey announced that grocery chain Trader Joe's was planning to move into a former Ethan Allen furniture store in Brick Plaza, where a new LA Fitness also recently opened. More: White Castle opens in Brick, 12 years after it was first approvedMore: Neighbors prepare to fight Brick wedding venue plan
- 9-foot parking stalls, where 10-foot parking stalls are required.
- Parking spaces that are closer than 20 feet to the right-of-way.
- Building size waiver, because the structure is 245 feet smaller than what is required in this business zone.
- Driveway waiver because the entrance is 51 feet from the intersection, where 100 feet is required.
- A waiver from the 3-foot high earthen berm requirement along the public right of way.
Amanda Oglesby is an Ocean County native who covers Brick, Barnegat and Lacey townships as well as education. She has worked for the Press for more than a decade. Reach her at @OglesbyAPP, firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-557-5701.
Read or Share this story: https://www.app.com/story/news/local/communitychange/2019/05/14/dunkin-wants-open-new-store-brick/1188058001/